Someone once told me that angry people are smart people. They are aware of things around them, and realize how shitty things can be therefore are angry. Well, in that case I am a genius since I'm angry quite often at society, and the world in general (at humans always)
So to further establish my superior intelligence, I shall start off with a rant about GOSSIPY INDIAN WOMEN. I know it happens in any community where one loud-mouthed-stupid-good-for-nothing bia blabs to all her good-for-nothing friends about someone else's child. Well, the Indian communities around the US are rich breeding grounds for this particular species. They not only talk about you, but decide to call your parents under the pretense of "caring" and spill the shit they hear.
I have one, simple message for them : BACK THE EFF OFF! if it's not your family, mind your own damn business. I WILL shed all my years of "respect your elders always"-training and tell you exactly what you need to hear.
Obviously, sane pieces of advice will be ignored by these women so I just wasted my time.
Moving on to Indian women who DO deserve very much the time of day (and respect, awe, admiration, etc) are the GULABI GANG from the state of Uttar Pradesh in India.
Their creator Sampat Devi decided to form a "gang" that fights for justice (in the RIGHT sense of the word) In the city where she's from, girls at the age of 12 are married, wives beaten, rape charges on men ignored by corrupt officials, and much more. So Sampat Devi and her women fight these injustices by literally beating up the wrongdoers. Their uniforms are the bright, pink saris they wear (Gulabi in hindi = pink) that defy the notion that women are subservient, and muted members of society. So here's to you Madame Sampat Devi! You rock and do continue to kick major bootay.
Read more about the gulabi gang here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7068875.stm
Well, I'd also like to give a shout out to a less-important, but hot pink-clad group of girls: the JEZEBELLES!

1 comments:
aww nice post. Those Gulabi Devi's are quite inspiring!
And about anger, you bring up a good point. Anger brings wrongful situations to light and makes us realize the things that are going terribly wrong.
However, it's important to prevent anger from consuming you. I used to hate the same gossipy women you're talking about. I still detest them, but I've grown accustomed to ignoring them. Some people just can't be changed, and it's too bad for them.
Post a Comment