Money changes everything.
You suddently have money and that makes you actually buy things you usually would think about 1000 times over.
You suddenly DON't have money and that makes you frugal beyond belief. You question the price / necessity of almost everything.
I got this new job (which is good) so then I bought myself a ring for Diwali. Fine. I can excuse myself for that (even though in the grand scheme of things, I'm an ass and I could have donated the 700 dollars to charity instead of watching my ring sparkle in the sunlight)
But, apart from this ring I have bought things I don't need. I usually would never do this, but I have impulsively been buying things! Not expensive things, but just any "deals" I see. Tar-jay has become my new place to be when I'm utterly bored. I go to their sale section and think "Ooo! new t-shirt!" or "OOo what a steal! $10 cool party shirt!" and then I buy them. I pat myself on the back for a job well done. I'm doing an awesome job of re-inventing my un-stylish closet!
SYKE.
I've just bought into consumerism. I have some amount of money so I think I should spend some of it. I do save a bunch each month, but instead of donating money to charity (which I always wish I could), but I spend it on myself. I am now the person I vowed never to become. I told myself I wouldn't be materialistic. But now I browse beauty / fashion blogs that offer all sorts of advice on "cheap fashion" and then try to follow their advice. Their intentions are good. MINE aren't because I've become a loser who hangs out Target too often (otherwise Target is awesome)
GOAL NEXT MONTH: DONATE 200 dollars to a good charity.
I know others have been hit very hard, Thanks to rich mothereffers and their awesome decisions, but I have been OK so far (thank you engineering degree) so I should help those less fortunate than I am and not be a dick and shop for things I definitely do NOT need.
but for those who still want to shop, i like these websites for good advice:
http://www.omiru.com/
http://www.cheapjap.com/
Friday, December 5, 2008
MAD at myself
Posted by AP at 9:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment