CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sustainability

One of the definitions is.."endure without giving way or yielding" - courtesy of dictionary.com

I'd like a house that preferably lasts a long time and is powered by solar energy. My Vag Wag should last a while too because ze germans make gud cars yah?

But most important are the relationships in my life that need to stay because without that, none of the other stuff is really worth having. If I don't have good friends and family, then I can't really take them around in my super awesome VW and they can't come over to my Eco-friendly house for catch phrase nights!

Ingredients for a sustainable (ok this is the last time I'll use this word for this entry) relationship with friends / signficant others. *just stuff i've noticed over the years*

  • honesty. you have to be able to be brutal to each other if need be, as long as it comes from a place filled with LOVE.
  • effort. it's a two-way street!
  • humor. so you can laugh your way through the tough times. OR look back on some of the rough stuff and be able to laugh about it. apart from that, laughter just makes the world a happier place
  • leggo of your eggo..i mean EGO. pride ruins close relationships because it's ultimately selfish and blinds any concern you'd have for the other person
  • loyalty. DELETE that jerkoff that broke your girlfriend's heart from your facebook! BLOCK him. Plot his death with her until she feels better about it.
  • drop your barriers. it's really silly to have barriers and walls between 2 close people. ok maybe in the beginning, we tread with caution but once your gut tells you he/she is good for you then that's the time to just be yourself. if he/she thinks you're crazy then oh well. at least you gave it your all! there're 6 billion ppl in this world and someone else will eventually appreciate your craziness and maybe love you for it (or at least refer you to a good shrink if you're actually insane because they care)

So there you have it. That's my take on what I believe is the recipe for long-lasting (YES. I used a synonym!) relationships. I definitely need to work on some of those things in my own life but hopefully once I recognize the important bits, I'll actually DO something about it.

I miss you bffs.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

i make comment. i like post.