This post is dedicated to my Italy trip last year. My sister and I went to Venice, Rome, Siena, Florence, Viterbo, Orvieto and the Tuscan region . I could write paragraphs and paragraphs about the wonderful things I saw and ate in Italy, but I can pretty much sum up my trip in 2 sentences. Ok maybe 5.
So this is the outside of St.Peter's church in the Vatican:
(This is not our actual picture we took when we were there)
And then we went inside which looks like this:
I swear to you, I'm not joking but when my sister and I walked in, I almost cried. It sounds really silly and cliche but it was so true. You think Italy, and you readily think of the renaissance, Michaelangelo, and all the wonderful art and history. But when you actually see it, it's a completely different experience. But yes, I had tears in my eyes because it was just too beautiful and majestic for words.
Have you ever seen a piece of art or a historic building or city that's literally moved you to tears? If you have, then you're very lucky to have experienced it.
Isn't that the ultimate cultural expansion? To experience something of another culture that doesn't necessarily relate to yours, but be completely in awe of it and appreciate it for what it is?
Sunday, June 15, 2008
A cultural expansion
Posted by AP at 3:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment